Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Updated Swap Tops and Civil War Bride Quilt


We had a bird swap and the top ones are my blocks and the bottom ones are the ones I received in the swap. I am currently working on a top with all the birds and some new flowers.



A BEE swap. The top 10 are the bees I received, I made the bottom 10 of them, so that I could make the top I designed. Most of the flowers in the center were made over the years in different Mary Lou Weidman classes.



This is a quilt I made for Ayana. It's about 40 by 40 and it's done in a block called the 10 minute block. It only has 3 seams to make a complete block. It was really easy and made a really pretty cathedral window design in the block with virtually no work. The back is so cute it's Anime girls.




I finished the 3rd block of the Civil War Bride Quilt. This one is the strawberry block. There is also a picture of the 3 blocks that I have completed.



I am currently working on a fish block swap with Mary Lou Weidman's yahoo group. We all will make 12 blocks and exchange them. I will get one of mine back and 11 different ones from the other ladies.




This is how finished my owl block swap top is. I am currently working on the final outside border of flying geese made out of really pretty fall leaves.



These are the owls that I made for the owl swap.


This is my garden story quilt. It's almost finished. I need to put a final border on the outside edges and then all of the tops will head off to a quilter. There is no way I could ever quilt these. Most of them are so big and I do not feel comfortable quilting anything bigger than a baby quilt.

1 comment:

  1. You have been very busy with our swaps!

    Your garden quilt is lovely, can't wait to see it again in person.

    ReplyDelete