Monday, February 9, 2009

Tahoe Quilts


This was my "treasure quilt." My family is my treasure and the middle person is John (or me) I am not good at drawing.



The second day's theme was "masks" and I chose some masks that Jake and Nick bought on our trip to Venice, Italy in July 2007. This is before most of the paint went on.


This was after the entire piece was painted. I added a few more line drawings of buildings. It says in Latin, Peace to you,  o Mark, my evangelist! St. Mark is the patron saint of Venice.





Our third theme was "gardens" this piece is called "Snail Mary full of Grace" it is a statue of Mary in my backyard that the snails love to climb all over.

I went to Art Quilt Tahoe and took a class from Susan Shie. She is an amazing teacher who does huge journal quilts that she paints and airbrushes and then writes on. Here are three of the quilt tops that I did in her class. We had a different topic every day, the first day was treasure, the second was masks, and the third was gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment